Sunday, October 18, 2009

Concert This Week. I am now Event Center's newest and only photographer.


October 12

Today Event Center's floor transition from the finest pinewood for Basket Ball Courts became slabs of concrete. Apparently the idea was to have the floor concrete so that we wouldn't have to keep laying down plastic tiles every time there was a non-basketball event since basketball season is only in the fall semester. Now, every time there is a basketball game we have to lay out a basketball court in the middle of the arena.

I believe this has become much of a hassle. There is concrete dust EVERYWHERE. Even up in the cat walks and on the seats. You can pretty much make concrete snow angels after all your clothes become grey from just walking through the arena.

Now it takes about 3+ hours just to lay the BBall court down and 3+ hours to tear it apart.

However, now we get to treat the floor with much pain, especially when we move around heavy equipment, and we can now drive vehicles onto the arena safely and without damage to the fine wood floors.

October 13-15

There is dust everywhere! I have been neglecting my classes for the sake of trying to achieve a grand at the end of every month so that I can take out my student loan. I get paid this weekend, so I will be able to better monitor my progress. Good shit.

I took on tons of hours this week, even work hours that conflicted with my class schedule. I'm sorry class, but I am in dire straits right now and I need to concentrate on living rather than studying.

I stepped in shit today with my favorite or every day pair of black and grey Nike Blazers after my late shift on Thursday. Fuuuuuck. They had this grey etching of sketches remincent of Pooh Bear and friends and a gum bottom. I wanted to take a picture of them, but instead I threw them away because I couldn't stand the smell.



October 16

Brand New concert tonight. I was asked earlier this week to take photos of Brand New. I'm stoked and ready to shoot. Here I go.

October 17- October 18.

Spent the whole weekend processing photographs from the concert. I can't post them up here, or I will get in trouble sorry. But you should check out the Event Center's face book page when you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment