Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rhea's Birthday Weekend in San Diego Part II (Life over chicken wings and onion rings)

(Cont.)

Beach time. Mission Beach in San Diego that is. Chill and relaxing. I wish I had taken more pictures and had explored the beach more. It kind of reminded me of Santa Cruz, CA from up North. We came in around three in the afternoon. Weather was nice, just like yesterday's. Sun was out, warm with a cool breeze, but a little too cold to take a dive.

I like how beaches remind of how I need to hit the gym again, and how it reminds me of how I need to start training in boxing again. The view was very nice, no matter how young or old.

About the view:
At work, sometimes co-workers and I would take our mobile cart around, a.k.a. the Cushman, just to check out the campus hotties walking around. The view in other words, view equals girls. And this Fall '09 semester, the view is definitely nice.

But I digressed, back to the beach. Well at the beach I spilled the beans of how I made Girl A cheat on her husband back in November and how the start of my January to May relationship with Girl's A with Girl B nemesis which I did not know until later in that relationship later caused a divorce between Girl A and her hubby. Which now lead to Girl B starting a relationship with Husband because they have been best friends ever since high school despite the hate and turmoil between Girl A and Girl B. The party of Rhea, Chona, and Christina, were not supposed to know, ever.

I think it was because I had brought up the fact that I hang out with Jade Mundy a lot recently. So much it fools my magazine staff to thinking that we are a couple. But in fact we are not.

Anyway, in contrast to last night, the beach was much needed for recovery and much needed foundation to the more drinking and fun that would ensue later in the evening. Had some awesome ice cream; fried banana (turon) topped with ice cream.

After we had our fill of sun and the fact that the sun was retreating, we headed back to Rhea's place to get ready for dinner and D and B's right after a quick stop at the nearest Target.

Korean food. Korean food at Tofu House. This was my first time ever having Korean food. And oh, man do Koreans know how to make hot stone rice bowls legit. I had Hot Stone Bowl Meat Party... hehe, Meat Party... If Korean food was a woman, I wouldn't mind being caught eating her out in public... (okay that sounded gross, but it's late and I have to write a blog everyday for my Photo 115 class, and I'm tired).

Amongst the free servings of Kim chi, Christina and Chona had the hot bowl of Kim chi wit beef and Rhea had some soup. To fill in our savory gaps, I ordered fried tofu and Rhea had a stone plate of Bu gou gi (I think that's how you spell it) which reminded me a lot of Mongolian BBQ beef without all that sauce

I swear my stomach has no limits, because I devoured my food and everyone elses' leftovers. And I'm still not full.

Dave and Buster's. Always a good choice. It speaks to my inner video game child and it quenches my thirst for alcohol to always make any fun night amazing. And I've taken most of my dates to Dave and Buster's and created a game called "D&B Olympics," which is pretty self explanatory.

We all rocked Basketball as always. Skeeball sucked as always. And horse racing was shit. Virtual Jump rope was cool.

On my sister's first try, she managed to win the jack pot to Flaming Finger. And before that she had managed to knock down hella coins in the coin dropping game. FTW.

The best game of them all was:

Nascar Racing. Hands down.

The races were fast and furious (lame reference to a movie). I pitted my pedal punching and stick shifting skills to the likes of Rhea and Chona first round, and took first place. I can't let girls prove the better to a man's driving ability. I would not accept it.

But Rhea drives dirty, she causes other drivers to crash and flip over. I retract my previous statement earlier but she did manage to flip me over and win first place...bitch.

Then we called for a round of drinks. I treated them with shots of alien secretion and electric lemonades.

Nascar again. Four players: Chona, Rhea, Christina, and I. I finished First one game. Second game was a total scam.

Here how it boiled down:
It was the last lap. I was gaining ground on Rhea. We started coming up to a left bank turn and I had managed to catch up to her side. I was gaining lead fast, and I was inside of the turn. I managed to wedge her between me and the wall and I had caused her to crash and flip. I took first.

It was the last stretch and in awesome glory I punched it hard and leisurely laid down on the seat hammock style. Easy break, right.

Then at the last second Christina barrels down and aggressively nudges my car to the side and wins by a photo finish split second. Lame. It was literally a millisecond difference when we compared our finish times. My sister describes it as: "While you guys were doing your thing I just decided to swoop on in and take first."

I hate you.

We all celebrated and D&B's were closing. Christina's gambling addiction hit with Flaming Finger. She dedicated herself into winning jackpot again. Chona and Rhea demolished Time Crisis 3. And I took a break from it all and hung out with Raynelle, his GF, Kayla and Vince. After all things were said and done. We took our bucket of tickets to the counter.

We amounted about 1200 tickets that night.

The night couldn't end here, and at about 1:30 in the morning, Denny's late night always pulls through. Always. Even in San Jose and in Sacramento.

Many of nights ended at Denny's. Getting drunk and stealing a poster of Vida Guerra from a random house I walked into thinking it was the right party house, and my prom nights before going to a hotel parties ended with Denny's.

Let's get to the clit of the story (yea I said it, because it's Sunday, I'm about to go home and I'm feeling to get some action).

1) Pick a domesticated animal and state three reasons why you did.

2) Pick a wild animal and state three reasons why you did.

3) If you were stranded on an island by yourself, what is your first thought.

4) If you were stranded in a forest by yourself, what is your first thought.

Those are some psychology questions we asked Chona and Rhea to see their inner person. OOOooo scary. I'll tell you what the questions answer after this blog.

And then somehow we got to the philosophy of:

If you were attacked by anything, whether you live or die is God's decision because God decides when it is time for you to die.

Which lead to the debate: If God decides for you to die, and you were attacked by a person. Murder is justified and right because God willed it. Thus, the person is not in the wrong because he was performing murder under God's will.

Hmm... food for thought. Vince stated, "I think God decides when you die, but not how you die."

Another debate: Is homosexuality inherited or influenced?

I posed this question because there are some things I like but cannot explain. So I think it is inherited, but it is true that some things that I like, such as the color blue, or power tools, I take a fondness too because of influenced gender roles.

Which then lead to the discussion of free will and destiny. We debated if free will and destiny can coincide. I said that free will is the freedom of making choices, but destiny has already decided a man's choices. So they cannot coincide.

Vince said he believes in multiple destinies that are dependent on the choices you make. And my sister said that the choices you make determine the degree of your destiny.

And then we got into the different thoughts of psychiatrists, psychologists, sociologist, and philosophers.

I think psychiatrist believe: if you are depressed, you are sad because of an chemical imbalance. Psychologist believe: if you are depressed, it is because of something in the past that is stored subconciously. The two fields concentrate on a much more individual level.

Sociologist, I think, state you are sad because of society is depressed, and philosophers; you are sad because the whole world is depressed. Interesting...

We ended the night talking about relationships and topping it off with:

A relationship is like a rubber band. If there's too much tension it will snap. If there's not enough, the rubber band doesn't work.

After having a security guard, which Rhea label a border patrol officer because he was wearing green, take our photo went back to Rhea's place, and Kayla and Vince to Vince's.

I think when we're all drunk lies a hidden philosopher in us.

I'll have pictures up later today... check back later.

The answers the questions reveal:
1) How you want people to view you.
2) How you view sex
3) How you perceive the world
4) How you perceive death.

No comments:

Post a Comment