Monday, October 5, 2009

Rhea's Birthday Weekend Part III (Awesome stop over)


It was Sunday, October 4, 2009.

The last day of the trip and the night after Dave and Buster's.

We did what we had to: packed up our things and loaded up the car. Chona, Rhea, Christina, and I had our lunch at Souplantation. Souplantation is just like Fresh Choice. I'm not one for vegetarian spots, but after two nights of drinking in San Diego plus two nights of partying before leaving, something healthy is what I needed.

I really like how, even though this was considered a healthy spot, there are still some people in here who still stay for about 5 rounds of food. Five rounds of greens and heavy salad dressing is still not healthy, and the fact that they serve garlic bread and cheese pizza here does not help the healthy cause either.

Thank you, but I will stick with my one plate of salad and side soup with light coconut mango mouse. Let's continue our story, we parted ways at Rhea's place. Rhea took Chona to the airport, Christina and I drove to Kayla's parents place.

Moving on. From San Diego I decided to make a stop-over at Downtown Disney as we were approaching the exit. It did not take long to convince Rhea and Christina to agree to stop-over especially at about 7 at night and Christina having class the next morning. Christina just decided to skip class, and if Christina skips class in the morning, Kayla ditches too.

Since I am writing this in retrospect, I also skipped my classes the next day, even though I had said I would have enough time to make it as soon as we got back to San Jose.

Totally legendary stop over. As soon as we parked our car, we took three shots of the Captain Morgan we had left over since the Friday we came in. We perused the streets of Downtown Disney for something to eat. Man, is it over priced there. But hey, it is our last night in Socal, so why not make it our last hurrah, right? We decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. They gave us an hour wait, so we hit up a bar.

After getting shot down at the over crowded ESPN restaurant (the Chargers were playing against Pittsburgh and they lost) we found our way to the UVA bar in the middle of Downtown Disney.

This is where the trouble began. I treated Kayla and my sister to jolly rancher and a vodka with cranberry both with a dash of pineapple juice. Little did I know that Kayla was a lightweight, and already her American Pie's Stifler side came out. My sister calls this side "Kayla's Invisible Dick."

Kayla just had to learn everyone who served us there names. "Hi, what's your name? Ern? Hi, Ern! Hi, what's your name?" Kayla repeated like parakeet stuck in an rehab meeting.

I don't remember much about this night. All I remember was ordering a round of White Russians with her at the Rain Forest Cafe bar and Scooby Snack when we got to our tables. And trying to find the Men's bathroom in a Safari-esque hallway behind a jungle door that was camouflaged with a jungle print that matched the walls. I swear I spent 30 minutes in a hallway smaller than your average house hold's walk in closet trying to find the handle to the bathroom. I also remember trying to get our parking validated at the Rainforest Cafe Bar and the bartender saying, oh it's you guys I remember you guys. He validated our ticket and let us out.

After unpacking my stuff, I found a list of names on a sheet of paper from that night. I suspect it was all the names that Kayla tried to learn from that night. And directions to another bar on our way from San Diego.

The note read, "From I-5 exit [illegible writing] to [more illegible writing] bar because it is "crackin on the weekends and dope."

We left Downtown Disney with all of us pretty buzzed, and Kayla drunk as hell. As soon as we got in our car, she passed out with all the pillows and blankets loaded in the back seat. About 3 hours of driving we exited Glendale from the I-5 and found a place to park our car near the Burbank Shopping Center to pass out and for me to sober up and get some energy.

We got to San Jose at around 7:00 Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment