Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rhea's Birthday Weekend in San Diego (A start of my Photo 115 Blog Assignment)

So it has already been three or four weeks since this semester started and I haven't done a whole lot of blogging. For my Photo 115 class we are supposed to put up a blog everyday with a picture of our self. Well here goes one blog of the many I have missed.

Where am I right now?

I am in San Diego celebrating my friend's Rhea birthday weekend before her real birthday on Tuesday next week.

Today is the day after we; my sister, Kayla, and I; got in after an eight hour drive and after our first night out from On Broadway after an awesome night.

Let's recap our yesterday:
We left right after a Akbayan's Ma'boo'hay variety show. I was one on the audio team along with Kevin and Nick. It was about 11:30 at night when I was off. Midnight Kayla and my sister showed up after the show at my place so that we can leave and load up the car as fast as we can.

We left at 3 in the morning, Thursday. Got in about 11 in the morning in San Diego. I was super tired, I can not do long drives anymore. It was a total memory lane trip from last year when I dated Jade Mundy. After meeting up with Chona and Rhea, we went to the same Mexican food joint and the same shopping center Jade Mundy and I went to with her cousins... weird.

Anyway let's get to the good stuff. On Broadway.
On Broadway is pretty awesome club, we got there around 11 at night after having a quick dinner at Happy Sushi, pretty dece sushi place. The team at On Broadway where: Rhea, Chona, Kayla, Kayla's bf Vince, Christina, and I. Rhea's friends: Valerie, Val's bf, Val's bf's friend, Andrea, Andrea bf, Rhea's brothers (2), Rhea's brother's gf and best friend.

Chona was a totally awesome wing man. I was supposed to find her a guy to buy her drinks. But instead she bumped into a completely broken English speaking Italian man who was in love with asian women. Chona and Rhea were able to get free drinks from him the whole night. FTW.

Chona and I played the same game Katrina Mora and I played during Chona's birthday a couple months ago, "Have you met Christian?" This game came from 'How I Met Your Mother" with "Have you met Ted?"

Our code names where: Ne-Yo for me, Beyonce for Chona, and Chakira for Rhea.

Chona walked up to some random girl standing with her friends. She grabbed her arm and pulled her aside and asked our first game show

I was able to meet a really petite and cute Filipina girl named Sandra. I wish I had my point and shoot because I would probably forget what she looks like. She was about 5'3" and kinda looked like Kina Kai. She was from San Diego and she was going to leave for Seattle on Tuesday so she was partying it up. She even stated that she gets drunk easily. These are the perfect settings for a perfect hook up. I ordered her a Long island and I ordered myself a Beautiful.

Total mistake. I should have ordered a cocktail as well.

It's really hard to dance when she's holding a almost full cocktail in one hand and her purse and wallet with cellphone in the other. And of course, she did not want to put any of them down. I was getting bored fast, and I wanted to leave. She turned to me and said some shit, I think it was "I'm gonna meet my friend outside." So I buzzed her away like in the Fifth Element and went my way.

After some dancing shenanigans with my sister and Kayla, and some awesome picture lurking with some asian girls with Andrea in which I stood out like I was part of the picture, I re-bumped into Chona, and in this case, I was able to meet some Japanese girl. I forgot what her name was, so I'm just going to call her Haru Juku.

I digress, dancing shenanigans with Kayla and my sister would include ugly dance moves, creepy stalker dancing, intense Latin dancing, and heavy extreme vogue-ing.

Japanese girl.

We followed this Japanese girl for days! First she was in her group of friends who I am going to call black shirt and white dress. And then they decided to move to the dance floor. Chona and I literally followed her the whole club length.

Chona did her thing and left, I throw up my awesome fist and a thumbs up. I danced with J girl for awhile and I asked her to go to the bar with, and she was down. But black shirt kept reeling her back in. She was the odd girl out because white dress was already grinding on some guy.

After some attempts some dude pulls me aside and says, "Hey, I'll get at the girl in the black so you can get at the J-girl."

Awesome.

We shook hands and swooped in. J-girl kept coming to dance with me, but the other guy failed at trying to get at black shirt. After a couple of songs, black shirt got fed up and gathered the entire flock together and moved them deeper into the dance floor.

Thanks for the cock block black shirt. I peaced out to the new wingman, and he told me that he still going to work at black shirt. I hope you had good luck on your side buddy.

Afterwards I bumped into Valerie, a cute girl but crazy. I don't want to put her on blast here. But we talked about how long it was taking for her friend to get her water.

Then I met up with Chona again and she introduced me to another fine chick. I don't think we exchanged names, but anways. She was walking to some point and Chona stopped her mid track. Chona did her thing, but it was weird, because she looking for a friend. Some chit chat here and there, and the I buzzed her off 5th element style.

The night ended somehow, and for some reason we all woke up back at Rhea's place still fully dressed and even the girls had all their make up on.

Time to get ready to hit up a beach and then D and B's later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment